We’re a fast-growing technology start-up based in Nottingham. We’re hiring a Web Designer, but we aren’t just looking for a hands-on designer, we’re looking for someone creative who will come into the team and offer ideas and honest feedback.
Your focus will be on the design and maintenance of the main website and sub sites. But you will also be working closely with the rest of the marketing team to support content creation and campaigns across multiple channels. As a team we welcome feedback and spirited debates and thrive to find new ways to solve old issues. We don’t believe in static job roles, so if you like to challenge yourself, your talents will be put to use on a variety of projects, both online and offline.
We’d love it if you wanted to take ownership of the company’s brand guidelines to ensure that all material, both online and offline, is coherent with brand identity and culture.
This role could be ideal for someone looking for flexible hours. We want you to be able to come into the Nottingham office to spend time with the team but we also encourage working from home. What’s important is that you are enthusiastic and bring a can-do attitude to the table every day. Ultimately, we want you to tell us how your talent will be best employed and help the business grow. This role is also for you to define!
Skills you’ll have …
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working with CMS, including WordPress
- Experience working with content marketers to create landing pages and emails
- Understanding of SEO and PPC concepts
- Good HTML and CSS skills
- Good understanding of UX
- Ability to work across digital and print is a plus
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
Role responsibilities …
- Drawing up detailed website specifications
- Designing landing pages’ templates
- Assisting the marketing team on search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Updating and maintaining the website to ensure best performances including mobile responsiveness and load speed
- Designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy
- Creating collaterals and stand designs for industry events
- Designing templates for marketing and sales emails
- Creating banners and ads for paid marketing campaigns
- Working with other web specialists including web developers
- Continual professional development and learning
- c£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
- 25 days holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work socials
- Flexible time
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for growth and personal development
- Ownership of your role
If you are interested in this role please include links to examples of your recent work with your application.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Web Design
- Adobe Illustrator