Electrocomponents Digital vision is to create a £1BN+ digital business at the heart of the group. The digital purpose is to digitally transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers. We are committed to making the entire buying cycle easy and rewarding, including upfront research, finding and buying products and after-sales care, so that we unlock their full potential.
The primary purpose of the Web Design team is to update RS websites with online marketing assets, in cooperation with other digital channels, to enable effective marketing communication.
- Works with all channels within Digital Marketing to ensure that web assets (pages, images) are created and deployed in the appropriate format and of the highest quality outcome possible.
- Join activity teams to help create multi-channel marketing campaigns, input on area of expertise, (online). Considerations include online branding and UX, structure from SEO perspective, design, results of AB testing, (usually around designed elements of functionality), page metrics provided by Analytics.
- Ensure that appropriate site Analytics are set up and operational for campaigns, assist campaign owners in the collecting of appropriate metrics and running of reports if required in the Analytics tool (Adobe).
- Be aware of resulting metrics and insights from Analytics, so that these are used to track effectiveness of online structures and designed solutions and data is used to optimise iterations.
- Put the customer at the heart of all work and ensure that customer experience considerations are a priority.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across marketing, technical teams, and planning to enable processes to run smoothly for the creation and updating of campaign pages and homepages across multiple markets. Keep stakeholder groups informed of progress, ensure production schedules and milestones are met and work is completed to agreed specifications and deadlines.
- Work within CMS, to input page content, sometimes using html input. Assist marketing teams when using CMS templates.
- Deploy/publish final content to websites using appropriate tools. Check that content formats are correct and meets the required standards.
- Working with other teams across the company organisation on projects to improve customer experience may be required.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of creative solutions and production processes.
- Ensure efficiency of processes, collaborate to continuously improve production methods and clarity of communications. Work within CI teams as required to identify and implement changes.
- Understanding of HTML & CSS (html 5, css3,)
- Understanding of FTP, and deployment methods.
- Photoshop, creative designs and manipulation of marketing images.
- Meticulous approach, giving proper attention to detail to deliver high quality work.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure; adjusting and modifying at short notice
- Excellent communication and networking skills with an ability to work in a Global Team environment with colleagues from many different departments with shared responsibilities across regions / time zones
- Follow and apply RS Components Guidelines. Ensure the agreed brand guidelines are used correctly and consistently across all creative
- Work collaboratively across a global business to take in requirements and find the best solution and to deliver to a high standard.
- Work as part of a collaborative Digital Marketing team to feed in creative ideas for marketing campaigns.
- Must be self-motivated, pro-active and help drive a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Experience of working in a global organisation with a matrix structure
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Knowledge of multi device and responsive design
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .