Web Designer - global business, brand and category market leader
Up to £35,000 (dependent on experience), plus benefits
Working for a brand and category leader (a leading household name) within a global business, the Digital Web Designer will report to the Head of Customer Experience.
This is an exciting opportunity, working with a broad range of stakeholders across an international business.
You will be part of a central digital team, working with over 20 international markets, developing websites and ecommerce campaigns and supporting in their implementation. This is an exciting and dynamic role, working together with digital producers, project managers, ecommerce, local digital teams, and external agencies.
A rare opportunity to work for this employer of choice with low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction. You will be based at officesin Hayes, with free on site parking and good access to public transport.
Web Designer Accountabilities:
- Preparation/design of digital assets (websites, landing pages, online promotions, emails, digital ads, social assets)
- Design focused support for local markets requests
- Work with the marketing and ecommerce team on design of digital campaigns
- Reviewing UI across the site and proposing continuous improvements
- Work with the Digital Producer and Project Manager to deliver detailed digital rollout plans for brand subsidiaries and third party businesses
- Work with external agencies on implementing new pages or design elements
- Proven graphic/web design experience within consumer products or services
- Previous experience with design for ecommerce desirable
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator; InDesign desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of UX/UI standards and tools such as Adobe XD or Sketch is a plus
- Experience in creating wireframes
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interface, and web standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, previous copywriting skills would be a plus
- Confident and proactive with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working across languages and cultures desirable
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, prioritising own workload to handle multiple projects at once
- Willingness for continual professional development to keep up to date with design standards
Starting salary up to £35,000 (negotiable based on experience) + benefits including: pension, life assurance, health insurance (post qualifying period), 25 days annual leave
Applications: Applications in writing with a covering note with clear reasons as to why you are suited to the role. Applications must be sent through our exclusive and retained HR & Recruitment manager. Due to the sometimes high volume of applications, it must be assumed that if you have not heard from us within 5 working days your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- Web Design
- Wire Framing