Joining the Retail Websites team in Thornaby-on-Tees, as a front-end Web Designer, you will work within a small UX team focussing on conversion improvements on a number of e-commerce travel websites.
The TUI retail websites include HolidayHypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, Cruisedeals.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. The retail websites are an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
What you will be doing
Your day to day responsibilities will include taking part in problem solving discussions, working with designers to convert design files to pixel-perfect responsive websites, implementing new functionality within custom-built front-end solutions, setting up and analysing A/B tests, as well as being able to competently test your own work. You will also be required to take part in code reviews to ensure work is of a high standard. Design skills in packages such as Illustrator and Photoshop would be helpful, but not totally essential.
As part of your role, you will be provided with an MSDN subscription allowing you to use the latest development tools from Microsoft, as well as a Creative Cloud subscription enabling access to the full suite of Adobe apps. On top of this, you will also be allowed to enhance your skill set as you will be allowed designated time each week to help improve your ability and research new technology. With the variety of systems developed and maintained, this role really does present a unique challenge for candidates based locally in the Teesside area.
What we are looking for
• A portfolio or list of sites previously worked on
• Interest in Typescript, SASS
• Examples of responsive websites
• Hard-working and can manage project workload
• Willing to adapt and learn
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to work well under pressure. We have a very fast paced environment, so being able to deliver work on time is essential
• Close attention to detail for pixel perfect websites
• Previous software development experience in a commercial environment
• HTML5, CSS3, SASS
• Responsive design (media queries, bootstrap)
• PSD/AI to code
• Analytical Skills
• Experience working with C# ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC
• Computing related degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar related subject.
• Worked as part of a UX team
• Familiar with a collaborative, agile approach
• Working in a team conducting peer code reviews.
• Developing to secure coding standards
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Illustrator & Photoshop (basics)
• Strong ability to test own work
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.