Web Content Editor (HTML, CSS)
Basic HTML and CSS
Working in an award winning Digital Services Team, you'll have a passion for raising standards, reputation and exceeding customer expectations. Working closely on a day-to-day basis with the Digital Services Lead, the postholder will play a key role in producing content on the corporate website/s which meets, local, national and international world-wide standards.
You'll also have experience of using content management systems (CMS) preferably SharePoint, experience of repurposing content that meets the Internet Crystal Mark for plain English, good judgement in dealing with sensitive editorial content, strong communications skills and knowledge of current developments in digital communications.
Your role is to support the Digital Services Team in creating and maintaining an updated website for use by residents and customers. The role includes, but is not limited to:
• Managing day-to-day content on the website.
• Ensuring the website is focused on top transactions and customer needs.
• Creating a useful and usable information architecture and navigation for the website.
• Reviewing, updating and writing relevant web standards and guidelines.
• Rewriting content for the web, and moving content to updated website templates ensuring it fits in with standards and the vision for the website.
• Experience of using Microsoft Office, analytical tools (e.g. Google analytics) and image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop).
• Ensuring new forms created for the website are customer focused, consistent in style, meet relevant standards and only request essential information.
• Improving the search engine results page to focus the results on top transactions and user needs.
• Supporting a change control process for website updates.
• Ensuring the website meets standards and good practice guidelines on both usability and accessibility, and relevant legislation.
• Working with services to improve customer experience and supporting them to reduce avoidable contact.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business