Web and Systems Developer - Maternity Cover
This position plays an important role in creating, maintaining and managing the College's web based systems alongside working with colleagues in our Marketing team.
You will love using your initiative to identify and develop opportunities to use new, existing and emerging technologies for the distribution and collection of information and be confident to contribute to the development of the College’s VLE tools (currently Moodle), with the College Development Unit (CDU) team.
Having KenticoCMS Development experience is essential to support the ongoing redesign and development of our website.
About Swindon College
At Swindon College we are committed to providing each and every person with equal opportunities in education, career qualifications and training. Our dedicated and highly experienced staff strive to help our learners reach their full potential whilst preparing them for their ideal career path.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow. The College has just secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners), we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies and creative media.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage and maintain the College website, continually developing, monitoring and improving the CMS to provide the functionality required to fulfil marketing requirements
- Contribute and develop web applications throughout the SDLC with Requirement Analysis, Design, Developments, Deployments, Testing, performing site Administrative tasks and configuring solutions in SharePoint / .Net Technologies
- Assist with training and support college staff on the use of web based systems.
Qualification and experience required:
- Strong KenticoCMS competence and experience
- Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or the commitment to gaining within 24 months
- Relevant industry experience with the ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of web/smart application development
- Communication skills and the willingness and ability to relay information and training to a wide range of customers of all ages and abilities
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
- Training and development support in your role
- Well-being and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes and dental plan.
- On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks
Swindon College is committed to ensuring a culture of valuing diversity and ensuring equality of opportunities. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously to promote the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, applicants and stakeholders to share this commitment. This role may involve work with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This role closes on 10/07/19
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'