Reports to: Head of Insight & Traffic
Location: Sayers Common, West Sussex
Salary: £18,000-£25,000 pa, plus quarterly commission structure post probation.
Friday Media Group has grown from strength to strength in the online marketplace over the past decade, resulting in us now operating 75 online businesses, many of which are market leaders. It has undoubtedly become the company it is today because of the hard working and enthusiastic staff.
We’re a team with a positive 'can-do’ approach, and are passionate on delivering growth in traffic and response as part of the businesses ambitious growth plans.
This is an extremely exciting time time to join Friday Media Group, and we’re looking for a talented Web Analyst to play a pivotal role in growing traffic levels on our websites.
Summary of Role
The Web Analyst will sit within Friday Media Group’s Traffic & Insights team. This is a talented team of SEO, PPC, B2C & Analytics specialists, who are committed to delivering growth in traffic and conversion KPIs across Friday Media Group websites.
The Web Analyst is responsible for delivering high quality data analysis, insight and recommendations into website traffic performance. This will include using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SEO keyword tracking tools such as SEMRush, and competitor tracking tools such as SimilarWeb.
The Web Analyst will also be our internal 'champion’ of all things web analytics. This includes being seen as the web analytics expert in the company, ensuring that the business adheres to all tagging best practices and processes, and rolling out appropriate Google Analytics training both internally and to clients.
The Web Analyst will also need to work with relevant teams across the business to ensure their insight and recommendations are delivered, and also that the impact of this activity is fully measured.
- Seen as the Google Analytics 'Expert’ within Friday Media Group, and ensures that they maintain their Google Analytics certification at all times.
- Ensures automated reporting on traffic and conversion KPIs are maintained, and key insights and opportunities are drawn out from these and fed back to the team.
- Is able to identify key trends within our web analytics datasets, translate the data into actionable insights and recommendations, and help drive change that enables websites to grow.
- Is able to identify key trends within our keyword tracking datasets, and translate the data into actionable insights and recommendations, to guide our SEO strategy.
- Provides competitive analysis & insight, using tools such as SimilarWeb.
- Run Google Analytics workshops, internally to marketing/sales staff and externally to customers.
- Support Head of Insight & Traffic in outlining and implementing the ongoing traffic strategy across the business
What we’re looking for...
- Educated to degree level - a degree in a numerical/marketing discipline a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of Google Analytics advantageous, both in terms of data analysis and technical implementation.
- Cmfortable using tools such as MS Excel to mine, combine, analyse and visualise data. Be comfortable using pivot tables and lookups.
- Someone who enjoys working with data, and thrives on the challenge of converting data into actionable insight
- A strong communicator - someone who can explain technical concepts to non technical audiences.
- A driven, focussed and target driven person who shows strong attention to detail and is commercially aware