The following job is no longer available:
We require Weavers and Weaving Technicians for a new shift working continental patterns in the Alfreton area with earning potential of over £14 per hour for basic hours.
Duties will include:
• Adjust machine heating mechanisms, tensions, and speeds to produce specified products.
• Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment
• Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, and/or needles to set up machinery for operation.
• Observe woven cloth to detect weaving defects.
• Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
• Set up, or set up and operate textile machines that perform textile processing and manufacturing operations such as winding, twisting, knitting, weaving, bonding, and/or stretching.
• Start machines, monitor operations, and make adjustments as needed.
• Stop machines when specified amounts of product have been produced.
• Study guides, loom patterns, samples, charts, and/or specification sheets, or confer with supervisors or engineering staff to determine setup requirements.
Thread yarn, thread, and fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines for weaving, knitting, or other processing.
• Clean, oil, and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oil cans, and/or grease guns.
• Confer with co-workers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
• Examine looms to determine causes of loom stoppage, such as warp filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects.
• Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
Experience within knitting or manual manufacturing is required for these roles
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'