We are currently working with one of our prestigious textile clients to recruit for a weaver.
This role is a full time, temporary to permanent position.
Hours of work are:
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.45 pm
Friday 7.30am - 12noon
- Operating a range of shuttle and rapier looms
- Working with various materials/yarns -
- Making sure the loom is running to an efficient standard
- Patrolling the loom for broken ends
- Following internal quality procedures
- General housekeeping/cleaning
- Manual handling and the use of mechanical lifting aids
- Completion of Production Order paperwork
- Loading the loom - threading yarn through tension rollers and tying them down
- Drawing in - threading up 5,000 treads through eyes within the weaving shafts
- Bobbing the reed - threading a number of ends through the reed
- At the end of the weaving process, cutting the finished product from the loom
- The whole process requires a high level of concentration and standing for long periods.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Machine Operator Experience
* Experience within the textile industry, such as; winding, weaving, doffing etc
* Good concentration
* Ability to learn and pick things up quickly
Any Other Business:
Please note, only shortlisted will be contacted, if you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your CV please assume your application has not been successful this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job