EJ437 - Weapons Safety Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Weapons Safety Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The successful candidate will work on a consultancy basis to provide safety support throughout the lifecycle of their client's systems.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety management strategy / system / plan development.
- Safety case development and management.
- Hazard identification and analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA).
- Hazard log management.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Probabilistic safety assessment, e.g. fault tree analysis and event tree analysis.
- Safety argument structuring, e.g. goal structuring notation.
- Safety integrity level derivation and assessment / software safety assessment.
- ALARP assessment.
- Design substantiation.
- Independent safety audit/advice.
- Regulatory interface and support.
- Standards / policy / guidance review and update.
- Dependability assessment.
- Support business development and take technical leadership and project management responsibility for a variety of safety consultancy projects dependant on experience.
- You will be responsible for managing project team, supervising, auditing projects and mentoring junior staff dependant on your level of experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree in an engineering, safety or similar subject, desirable but not essential; experience is more sought after.
- Excellent communication skills. e.g. an ability to present (verbally and in writing) well-structured and justified arguments.
- Security clearance or ability to gain security clearance is essential.
- OME intermediate.
- OSRP training – Chair or Panel Member.
- Laser safety officers.
- Ship safety management training.
- Air safety management training.
- Airworthiness training.
- DV or ability to gain DV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'