We are currently recruiting for an Analyst for the Financial Services division of GlobalData. GlobalData is a business to business media and insight company with a global reach, providing essential business information, events and magazines to senior executives around the world. Our company hosts over 80 online information services, publishes over 90 magazines and runs over 40 global events. Our brands have a legacy of providing market-leading information services that dates back over 130 years.
The primary role of an insight analyst is to own and produce high quality, analytical content for the Wealth Management team at GlobalData based in our London office. Our team is international and from our London and Sydney offices we cover the wealth management industry across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East & Africa.
Our content types include in-depth issue reports, market reports, PowerPoint case studies, Excel databases, interactive dashboards and short opinion pieces, which are then distributed to subscribers through the GlobalData Financial Services Information Centre.
On entry into this role an analyst will have to be able to deliver on a number of core responsibilities, which are outlined below. Other aspects of the role are expected to be developed over time while undertaking the work and with the required support and training. The successful applicant will have experience of analytical or research work within a professional environment. They will have good writing and data skills as they will be expected to produce both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Owning and producing a range of content types e.g. opinion pieces, PowerPoint case studies, databases covering from market and survey data, and in-depth issue reports
• Shaping and scoping the story for the given report. This includes gathering data, conducting primary and secondary research, manipulating relevant data sets (market and survey data) and drawing pertinent conclusions from the gathered data.
• Working to deadlines for the production of content
• Conducting telephone and face-to-face interviews, building and maintaining your own primary research contacts
• Coordinating with other departments within the Research & Analysis function and providing input into wealth management team projects.
• Producing high quality marketing material, this can range from report brochures to slide decks for webinars.
• Handling client queries on your own work
• Taking a proactive approach to build a client strategy with sales, being able to communicate the value proposition of individual reports and wider portfolio to sales, clients, and prospects
Key Skills Required
Candidates need to:
- Possess excellent written English to produce client facing material in Word and PowerPoint
- Be numerate - essential for manipulating data sets and extracting relevant information in excel
- Be able to manage and engage with key stakeholders, including the wider research team, data team, editorial, client services, sales
- Be ready to build in-depth knowledge of a financial services industry sector including market and competitive trends
- Have excellent interpersonal skills - ability to deal with a wide range of people at all levels
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills with experience of reporting on activity. Be able to use initiative and work largely self-directed
- Have some experience in a research or analyst role, ideally in financial services sector
- Be passionate about research, with interest in financial services and curiosity to investigate trends and issues
- Be competent in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau) will be an advantage
- Knowledge of data manipulation software will be an advantage
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.
- Advanced Excel
- Microsoft Word