Wayleave Officer - Home Based, Essex
WAYLEAVES OFFICER - Home Based, Essex. Up to £45,000 + £6000 Car Allowance
Gigaclear is a fast growing, game changing fibre provider making a significant difference to the broadband landscape in rural England and fast making broadband the fourth utility. Employing over 200 people Gigaclear is a builder, operator and provider of pure fibre broadband services to consumers and businesses. This is an opportunity to contribute to a company which is fast establishing itself as a major player in the fibre infrastructure landscape in this country.
The Wayleave Officer will be accountable for the acquisition and negotiation of Wayleave agreements in a timely and accurate manner for the delivery of major telecommunications FTTP (fibre to the premises) projects. This role requires commitment, flexibility and accuracy to meet high quality standards.
Reporting into the Wayleave Manager, the Wayleave Officer will work closely with Planning and the Project Management team to help facilitate the granting of Wayleave Agreements.
- Maintain accurate records of all interaction with landowners Agents and internal departments by updating the Wayleave database.
- Produce and send out Wayleave agreements via Wayleave requests forms from the planning/delivery teams.
- Log new wayleave requests, update and maintain the Wayleave register and tracker.
- Proactively negotiate and progress Wayleave applications to completion.
- Carry out land registry searches to be incorporated within the Wayleave Agreement, to show the land ownership boundaries, access routes and other permissions that are required.
- Liaise with customers, land agents, solicitors and other team members regarding all wayleave matters.
- Provide support to the Planning and Project department to determine the optimum route for underground services.
- Deal with day to day queries and incoming calls from a variety of sources. log on Wayleave register.
- Carry out administrative tasks around the issue and progress of Wayleave application.
- Issue payment requests to finance for payment Wayleaves.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Telecommunications - basic understanding of Fibre rollout is desirable.
- Knowledge of Wayleave Agreement and dealing with Wayleave Agreements, legal documents, Solicitors and Land Agents.
- Microsoft Office tools including
- Office 365
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Code desirable.
- Previous experience in planning and/or wayleaves, competent in the use of Land Registry searches.
Accuracy, understanding, honesty, discretion and fair-mindedness rank high, with a persuasive, friendly personality and an ability to deal with conflict. The ability to listen to others and adapt to change. You will require a Driving Licence for this role.
- Land Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"