Job Title: Water Rescue and Marine Trainer
Location: Beckton (travel required within London)
Salary: £32,655 rise to £35,655 after probation
Purpose of role:
To effectively and professionally deliver the Water Rescue and Marine Training programme
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Ensure the effective delivery of Water Rescue and Marine Training in accordance with the Training Delivery Programme
- Assessing learner performance, recording results and providing feedback and action plans
- Managing physical training resources including venues, vehicles and equipment, ensuring their security, and suitability for use.
- Ensure a safe system of work is maintained throughout effective training delivery
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise with regard to future development of Water Rescue training for emergency services.
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 1998
- A thorough understanding of the Babcock / LFB Partnership
- A thorough understanding of the DEFRA Concept of Operations
- A knowledge of the LFB’s presence on the River Thames
Key Technical Skills:
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in Swiftwater/Water Rescue and Boat operations.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in Line Rescue.
- Experience of assessing competence of individuals, recording results, providing feedback and writing action plans.
- Experience of Inspecting and Maintaining equipment to a high standard.
- Understanding of the requirements for development and maintenance of trainer competence
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Forward thinking
- Intercultural competence
- Leading and developing others
- Team work
- Professional Confidence
- Good people management skills
- Good task management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Pro-active in approach
- Efficiency driven
- Process driven
- Problem solver
- Committed to H&S
- Swiftwater Rescue Instructor
- IRATA Level 2 or Equivalent (Desirable)
- Swiftwater Rescue Boat Operator (Desirable)
- RYA Powerboat Instructor (Desirable)
- London PLA Local Knowledge (Desirable)
- PTTLS, AET or equivalent teaching qualification (Desirable)
- IOSH Health and Safety (Desirable)
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Emergency Services
- Training Programme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job