Role: Water Leakage Inspector (6 month FTC)
Salary: Equivalent to £25k - £30k + company van
Do you have Water Leakage Reduction experience? We are looking for a number of Leakage Inspectors to deliver cost effective sustainable leakage reduction through analysis and investigation of water usage and the promotion of leaks and/or identification and logging of usage in order to ensure the water company meets its leakage performance commitment. The Leakage Inspector will be carrying out detection and investigation activities in a way which ensures they do not impact on other performance commitments, e.g. Water Supply Interruptions and Water Quality Contacts. Apply for the Leakage Inspector today!!
- Effectively and proactively investigate DMAs issued, locate and promote leakage in a cost-effective way which contributes to the reduction in area leakage levels
- Account for usage in order to eliminate non-leakage from the leakage reporting process
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments to ensure all activities are safe and delivered with minimal customer impact
- Validate work promoted to service partners to ensure optimal leakage reduction at minimal cost
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Field and service partner personnel to help support with leakage reduction
- Ownership and maintenance of equipment
- Liaise with customers in order to resolve leakage issues
- Create WAND risk assessments
- Train, mentor and up-skill trainee and apprentice Leakage Inspectors
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a leakage reduction role.
- Leak detection and resolution using acoustic sounding equipment
- Previous experience gained within the water or waste water sectors or within the broader utilities, process or manufacturing industry sectors.
- Able to build relationships with Field and technical operations teams
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to work unsociable hours (i.e. nights and weekends)