Waste Transfer Chemist
This position involves assisting the Site Manager in the safe and efficient operation of the waste management centre. You will provide technical support and basic chemical analysis for receiving incoming wastes and ensuring they are processed efficiently before being dispatched.
You will be required to:
1. Carry out the analysis of waste at the facility.
2. Provide technical guidance to maintenance and admit staff regarding processing of waste.
3. Assist in co-ordinating the activities of operations staff as appropriate so as to ensure safe and productive working.
4. Assist in implementing process optimisation/improvements on site.
5. Provide ‘hands on’ assistance on site wherever necessary.
6. Liaise with clients at all levels.
7. Forge and maintain effective working relationships with sales colleague to maximise turnover and profitability.
8. Assist in ensuring appropriate process monitoring and to seek advice on process/regulatory issues as appropriate.
9. Assist in the control of commercial aspects of the treatment facility.
10. Assist the Site Manager in ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety business systems policies.
11. Continually strive towards the highest health and safety goals.
12. Ensure relevant records are maintained and adherence to systems and procedures.
13. Provide cover for other staff during periods of annual leave or sickness.
14. Monitor key financial drivers such as quantity and quality of residues produced, time taken in processing and resources used.
15. Actively ensure housekeeping standards are maintained.
16. Assist site management producing details reports as required.
17. Assist site management produced detailed monthly financials.
18. Deputise for the Site Manager whenever they are off site or absent from the business.
You will be required to have:
1. Experience of Waste Transfer Stations.
2. Good knowledge of the available treatment options.
3. Good understanding of IPPC.
4. Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
5. Management/Supervisory training or experience.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business