Waste Management Officer
Job Title: Waste Management Officer
Function: Logistics & Engineering
Salary: Competitive plus bonus incentives
Overall Purpose of Job
Preparing, planning and implementing safe waste disposal strategies, managing budgets and ensuring that all waste disposal activities in your jurisdiction comply with environmental laws and regulations.
Collaborating with environmental enforcement officers to investigate cases of illegal dumping and other eco-crimes relating to waste disposal.
Managing refuse collections indirectly and directly with all departments within the company.
To promote and lead on all aspects within this discipline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the day-to-day waste operation for the company.
- Manage all 3rd Party Waste Contracts
- To present a professional image at all times both in appearance and in manner.
- To engage with retail store and LDC management in a professional manner when investigating complaints.
- Maintenance of files and documents pertaining to such quality audits.
- To keep up to date and be aware of legislation and design changes.
- To complete all necessary administration.
- To effectively plan the daily Workload.
- To undertake training and development and as required continuing self- development.
- To undertake ad-hoc duties, as and when required.
- Conduct Site/Store audits.
- Promote the companies green credentials
- Create & Lead on Award Submissions
- WEEE Waste Compliance
- Waste Water Compliance
Skills & Experience Required
- Educated to GCSE level or better (Grades A-C)
- 2 years' experience in an appropriate product discipline
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Investigative and error spotting skills
- Should be good at communication and persuasion
- Good knowledge and practical ability in Microsoft XL
- Good Knowledge and practical ability in Microsoft Word & Power point
- Full Driving Licence
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Chartered Institute of Waste qualification or similar (CIWM)
- Able to demonstrate organisation skills and thorough route cause analysis
- Previous Team / Department management
- Quality control / Audit experience (ISO 14001)
- Previous first line management experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job