Job Title: Waste Management/ Environmental Science Graduate
6 month contract with possibility of extension
Our Client is a waste management group in Northern Ireland representing 6 councils in the east of the Province. Our client is recruiting a Contracts Monitoring Officer for a 6 month period and possibility of extension.
- To provide general support to the Procurement and Contracts Manager in relation to the monitoring, administration and management of waste contracts - both treatment and supplies.
- To represent the Procurement and Contracts Manager as required including attendance at meetings, interviews and presentations and to prepare and present relevant reports to the Management Team and Project Groups.
- To attend specific waste related working groups and project teams and to be responsible for agenda preparation, minuting and servicing of the various groups and meetings as required.
- To contribute to the production of the specifications and inter related documents in preparation for the procurement and tendering process.
- As allocated, to be responsible for the maintenance of files, records and relevant documents pertinent to company contracts.
- To be responsible for monitoring the performance and quality of service of contracts, including outside normal office hours and weekends, and reporting findings to line management.
- To take/recommend action as necessary to ensure/restore the contractors’s performance is to the required standard as set out in the contractual service delivery plan and other contract documents.
- To receive, analyse and validate all contract tonnage and volume data with company member Councils within the time limits required and present management reports on all validated contract tonnage and volume data to the Procurement and Contracts Manager for approval.
- To provide contract data and other information to the Council Business Support Staff and respond promptly to any inquiries or requests for further information from Council Staff.
- To record data and utilise computerised systems and databases set up corporately.
- To assist company and Council Staff with statutory and other returns, particularly in relation to, Waste DataFlow (The Central Government web based data capturing system), best value Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and the Northern Ireland Landfill Allowances Scheme.
- To assist in ensuring that the company outputs achieved meet the changing needs of national and EC targets outlined in relevant legislation and policy, in accordance with the company Waste Management Plan extant.
- To participate in the process and undertake such duties to acquire and maintain independently accredited quality systems of work, including ISO9001 2015 and Governance Excellence accreditations.
- To assist in the arrangements pertaining to the use and maintenance of company pool vehicles.
- To ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety at Work legislation throughout the post holder’s area of work.
Applicants must :
- possess a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (Grades A to C or equivalent qualifications) including English and Mathematics
- degree qualified
- have a full current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland.
Successful candidates will be encouraged to gain additional relevant technical qualifications such as the certificate of technical competence (c.o.t.c) and become members of a relevant professional body such as the chartered institution of wastes management (c.i.w.m.)
Applicants must be able to illustrate specific, personal examples on their application form of at least one year’s recent experience (i.e. within the last 3 years) in each of the following:
- Experience of the monitoring, administration and management of contracts and contract procurements;
- Experience of information monitoring, accurate data management and interpretation and reporting thereon:
- The practical application of IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office products, document management facilities, databases and spreadsheets
- Delivery and/or operation of a waste related service contract.
- Waste Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job