Warehousing and Distribution Solutions Design Manager required by leading manufacturing business in Milton Keynes.
Your primary objective is to take responsibility for the design and implementation of operational solutions and provide technical support to International distribution facilities. This includes but is not limited to the effective design and development of workflows, warehouse efficiencies, warehouse layouts and space optimisation, supply chain efficiencies, providing analytical data to assist in management decisions.
- Analyse and develop improvements for the Internal distribution network
- Evaluate and document operations, work area design, process flow, and work methods for improved efficiency.
- Design and prepare building layouts including: racking, conveyors, equipment, and product flow.
- Provide analysis of current technology and identify improvements in process, equipment, and/or automation.
- Develop capital expenditure budget and provide support for operational budget
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate a successful track record in a similar, senior management position related to the Logistics sector. Ideally you will experience of analysing and implementing a variety of distribution and warehousing systems.
In addition to:
- Experience managing the design, layout, and construction of a logistics and distribution operation through to successful "go-live" phase
- Knowledge of work standards, database management / reporting, and factory / process flow
- Proven team leading with good communication and interface skills
- Available to travel to domestic and international locations
- Degree educated
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of general household products across the globe, with specific growth targets over the next 5 years.
- Project Management