A transport and warehousing company is looking for a Supervisor to join their team in Bristol.
Our client is a renowned transport and warehousing company who have successfully operated within the South West for 30+ years. As a direct result of their continued success they are looking for a Supervisor to join their team in Bristol.
- Responsible for out-turning inbound trailers on goods in.
- Quoting work for customers.
- Liaising with customers to ensure work flow.
- Providing after sales service to customers i.e. Tracking shipments, ensuring they are satisfied with the service received.
- Compiling all POD's for the previous day and ensuring they are correctly updated and scanned.
- Communicate with customers for the day to ensure all collections will be ready for drivers to collect.
- Responsible for supervising a team of Drivers ensuring that they had required information for any collections shipping overseas.
- Arranging collections from overseas for shipping back to UK.
- Arranging collection of goods in UK for onward shipping overseas.
- Communicate with teams at various depots when necessary to ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard possible.
- Checking all goods are measured and weighed accordingly to guarantee the correct charge is being applied to each job.
- Responsible for final check of manifest and trailer each night to guarantee all goods are accounted for and onward shipping to final destination will be as easy as possible.
- Compiling account's manifest for previous day's jobs costs and charges.
- Previous experience within transport/logistics management;
- Very confident and competent within mathematics and valuing jobs for dispatch;
- Confident communication skills - both within the company and externally to customers;
- Process driven with a key eye for details;
- Previous shipping/freight experience would be beneficial.
- £24,000 - £26,000 (depending on experience)
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00 - 17:00 (must be flexible)