Argos Distribution is transforming...how can your leadership support the change in our DCs?
Leading a team of up to 60 Colleagues daily and 150 in peak periods we are looking for talented individuals with line management experience to achieve the shift/weekly work targets through the effective motivation and utilisation of the team which supports in the overall delivery to a great customer experience.
Argos Distribution is changing. Our leaders instinctively motivate and engage with their teams, keeping them in the know to support the delivery of a great customer experience within our stores. We support, develop and work with our leaders, which helps people understand and support our transformation into a "Digital Retail Leader".
Being a Team Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- Improving operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change.
- Maintaining operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly.
- Assisting in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- Controlling and allocating work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping senior management fully informed of any operational issues.
- Continually monitoring individual performance, (performance, accuracy, attendance, attitude and behaviour) taking appropriate action to improve standards.
To be successful in this role we ask that you:
- Are ideally educated to GCSE standard, with qualifications in English and Maths.
- Can demonstrate previous line management experience, preferably within a Logistics/Distribution environment.
- Have a solid understanding of how the functions within a warehouse interact and influence customer service.
- Showcase strong inter-personal skills and ability to lead a team through effective motivation
- Are competent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc...)
- Have previous experience of grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen with the ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them.
You may have experience of any of the following: Warehouse Team Manager, Logistics, Distribution, Warehouse Section Manager, Retail, First Line Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, FLM etc...
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Leadership
- Line Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job