At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As a Warehouse Team Manager at Gist you will be running an operational section of our business, overseeing the vast activity to ensure that we are meeting our customers' needs and pushing to exceed them at all times
You will be dedicated to ensuring your people engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against set key performance indicators. You will act as an advocate of the Gist culture, values and safety standards. You'll also hold regular briefings and meetings with your team, providing them with a platform to suggest their own ideas to improve overall service standards to our customer.
This opportunity is based in based at our Portbury site which has a total circa 150 employees, with the shift pattern of 5 out of 7 (either 6:00am - 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 10:00pm).
- Having a clear operational plan by always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences etc.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members in line with the Gist values and behaviours.
- Evaluate the performance of both Gist permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development.
What will you need to succeed?
- Excellent management style - encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership, being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Having a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A familiarity with working in a unionised environment.
- The desire to fully embrace being part of a wider team, who is happy to lend a hand to others where needed.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, 25 days annual leave and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years.
We are one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe, supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Gist has a turnover of €600m, and is a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector, although Gist's 2000+ customers cover a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe.