Warehouse Team Manager
Reference Number: req32922
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Division/Business Unit Information
KN Drinks Logistics is a specialist drinks only service provision. With a client portfolio of internationally recognised brands, it is our mission to create profitable growth by becoming the partner of choice to the Drinks Industry. Our commitment to building operational excellence through continuous improvement and developing our talented people is key to helping us deliver as promised.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Team Manager has responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost effective running of the RDC operations to the greed budget and service targets. This will involve:
- The supervision of a team of Warehouse Operatives and prioritisation of all duties to ensure that service criteria and operational deadlines are achieved across the contract.
- The supervision and control of all goods inward and outward processes
- Ensure that all dispatch documentation meets operational requirements.
- Provide KPI/Management Information relating to operational activities.
- Implement structured development programs and coaching for direct reports, in order to achieve a multi-skilled work team.
- Responsible for all direct reports adhering to all company policies and procedures relating to the warehouse function
- Identify and implement best working practices via continual process review and discussion with direct reports.
- To provide resource solutions ensuring that Warehouse activities support operational and customer requirements.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are adhered to, to provide a safe working environment.
Your skills and experience
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise
- Sound operational knowledge and strong communication skills
- Strong evidence of previously managing a team and running shifts including briefings within a warehouse environment
- Application of employment law in relation to grievance, disciplinary, performance processes
- Ideally previous use of SAP and excel on warehouse management system
About Kuehne + Nagel
Learn more >> With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job