This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our passionate and knowledgeable operations department as the Warehouse Team Leader. This exciting role will see you lead and motivate the team on shift to achieve operational tasks and targets in a safe, timely and cost effective manner utilising previous experience of leading aspects of safety culture within a large organisation/operation.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Warehouse Team Leader you will;
- Take responsibility for a team of 10 to 15 Warehouse staff.
- Work to high standards and demanding customer requirements.
- Ensure the team are trained to achieve the requirements.
- Ensure the team are fully briefed on current and future demands and requirements.
- Ensure measures are in place to provide excellent job satisfaction for the team.
- Take steps to ensure there are sufficient skills to cover holiday and absence.
- Nurture a strong relationship with our transport partner and have constant & effective communication with them.
- Work a five day, double day shift pattern.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Warehouse Team Leader specifically it is important that you have:
- Direct operations team leadership experience in a fast-paced distribution operation.
- Experience of handling a variety of people issues with a good understanding of HR protocols.
- Demonstrable project involvement.
- Proven track record of managing a team in a fast paced production and/or distribution operation.
- A reasonable understanding of how all the business functions interact.
- Experience of driving continuous improvement, ideally using WCM methodology.
- Personal attributes that include drive, determination, energy and enthusiasm with the ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrable IT skills are necessary, including Excel, Word and Email in particular. SAP advantageous.
- A good standard of education.
- Achieved or are working towards an IOSH Working Safely qualification.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
At Artex, we’re proud of our heritage and have been providing high-quality decorative finishes for the last 78 years. But did you know we now do so much more? Artex manufacture and distribute a wide variety of construction products, including market-leading trade brands, as well as our superior quality DIY ranges. It’s our vision to WOW our customers with our people, products and service making us their number 1 choice. And we’re able to do this thanks to our unique distribution service across our vast range of products. Helping retailers and merchants alike, give their customers exactly what they need, just when they need it.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Artex is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Artex or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).