Warehouse Team Leader – Avonmouth
£18k – £20k
Based at our Warehouse in Avonmouth you will help lead a Team of permanent and agency colleagues within the Goods in & Replen area of our Warehouse.
The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that a good work flow is maintained throughout the department, and that all daily targets are met.
The primary duties of the role will be-
- Leading your team to achieve set targets on a daily basis
- Developing team working within your area and with other supervisory staff
- Being accountable for pre-shift preparations to ensure workforce are effectively distributed to cover workload and breaks
- Providing instructions to your team on an hourly and daily basis concerning their work load and tasks
- Being responsible for your areas’ inventory control, associating sheets and bar code swipes
- Ensuring that all picking and despatch is completed daily
- Conducting staff appraisals, productivity talks and return to work interviews
You will be responsible for 1-2-1 colleague management, productivity talks, time and attendance matters and colleague appraisals.
The successful candidate will need to be methodical, have the ability to use computers and be flexible with regard to changing hours of work and areas of responsibility.
A proven track record of supervisory experience is essential as this experience will form part of the interview.
Good organisational skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels are also essential.
Please note the role is full time and the standard hours are Monday to Friday 3pm – 12am.
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.