Warehouse Team Leader
£9.50 - £11.50 per hour dependent upon experience
Fixed Shift 1400 - 2200
Temporary to Permanent Position
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for effectively supervising a team of Warehouse Operatives in the day to day operation by ensuring;
- Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards.
- Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards
- promotion of Health & Safety awareness within the warehouse
Specific Responsibilities and Objectives
.To ensure Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards by:
- Managing communication between Operations and warehouse staff. Direct liaison with customers and suppliers when authorised.
- Ensuring all Mechanical Handling Equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and Pre-Use checks are completed prior to use and paperwork is completed and filed in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensuring all defects with regard to plant and equipment are reported in accordance with Company Procedures and equipment is suitably locked/signed to prevent use
- identifying training needs within the warehouse team.
Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards by;
- Supervising the unloading, storage and loading of pallets ensuring that operational procedures are followed.
- Reporting, handling and storage of returned, quarantined and damaged pallets
- Carrying out daily checks in and around the warehouse (Battery Bay, MHE, Racking, Docks, Doors, Lights, Fabrication) and report issues accordingly.
- Managing / supervising warehouse staff attendance and breaks
- Ensuring all Disciplinary and Grievance matters are reported in accordance with Company Processes.
To promote Health & Safety awareness within the warehouse by:
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors within the warehouse area.
- Reporting any breaches of Health & Safety to Site Management immediately.
- Reporting any accident, incident or near-miss immediately through, and carry out / assist in any investigations which may be required.
- Promoting the Clean as You Go Policy and ensure site hygiene standards and records are maintained.
- Ensuring new staff are inducted in accordance with Company processes and do not operate equipment until trained and authorised.
Additional Areas of responsibility include:
- Attending meetings and training courses when attendance is required
- Liaising with Operational Management, their direct reports and employees to maintain the required compliance standards.
- Liaising with Agencies; HSE, EHO, Environment Agency and all other enforcing authorities and/or professional bodies that may be required to meet the needs of the role.
Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will:
- be working in a similar role or looking to take your first step into team leading and supervision
- have excellent communication and people management skills
- be IT Literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- have a minimum of 2 Years experience in a Distribution Operation
- have demonstrable organisational skills
- be knowledgeable of working with KPI's and targets
A current valid MHE licence Reach / Counterbalance would be an advantage
This role is immediately available on a contract basis and will be offered as permanent employment following successful probation.
The position is offered on a fixed shift 1400 - 2200 Monday to Friday