A successful manufacturing and distribution company, with national presence, is seeking an experienced Warehouse Supervisor. Based in their manufacturing facility, you will be assisting the Warehouse Manager in maintaining the smooth operations of a fast-moving environment. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of people within the warehouse function, to ensure company's targets and objectives are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. The successful candidate will receive a salary between £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience), 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, an amazing Employee Assistance Programme and promotional prospects as the company is rapidly expanding.
The role requires a strong focus on high standard of customer service, outstanding people management skills and passion for continuous improvement.
As the Warehouse Supervisor your duties will include:
- Ensuring safe working environment, adhering to H&S and Environmental procedures and understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Managing the Warehouse and Distribution in compliance to company policy and procedure
- Planning, co-ordinating, monitoring the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Ensuring orders are processed efficiently and the delivery of materials meets customers timescales/requirements
- SOPs are diligently followed throughout the warehouse
- Supervising order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage.
- Organising, facilitating and managing stock takes at regular intervals.
- Responsible for driving Standard Work and ensuring quality processes are implemented to ensure a 'Right First Time' product to the customer aligned with their expectation.
- Delivery to the customer through OTIF
- Ensuring internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows for operations
- Leading, following up and resolving internal and external customer concerns.
- Identifying errors and eliminating root cause using robust counter-measures
- Delivering efficiencies to support year-on-year operational budget reduction
- Working closely with warehouse manager/operations manager in implementing warehouse and management systems and working practices in line with best practice and continuous improvement
- KPIs and targets remain on target
- Ensuring warehouse 5S house-keeping protocols are adhered to
- Control of FLT management to ensure full operational capacity and achieve daily targets.
- Managing and maintaining supplier returns and packaging thereof
- Planning work rotas; assigning tasks appropriately and supporting other functions of the business
- Creating and implementing Continuous Improvement / lean practices
- Developing a culture of safety; respect, responsibility; team working and customer care
- Recording and reporting all shortages by daily and weekly reporting methods.
To be a successful Warehouse Supervisor you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in a fast paced warehouse environment
- Degree educated preferably in Logistics or Management
- NEBOSH/ IOSH certifications or qualifications highly desirable
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and customers
- Experience and knowledge of implementing various continuous improvement initiatives
- Good customer service skills - understanding of luxury customer experience an advantage
- Excellent IT skills: especially with Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strategic and multi-tasker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive outlook, good communicator and team worker
In return, the Warehouse Supervisor will receive a salary of between £25,000-£28,000 (depending on experience). Additional opportunities exist due to company expansion.
*** Warehouse Manager , Warehouse Coordinator , Warehouse Supervisor , warehouse , distribution , logistics , Nottingham , Derby , Leicester ***
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'