I am actively looking to engage three Warehouse Supervisors for a mixture of logistics opportunities in the wider Derbyshire area.
My client is one of the fastest growing stockist third party logistics providers in the United Kingdom. My client specialises in ambient, chilled and high-value distribution through a variety of NDC's and RDC's. They have additionally started to focus around fast-turnaround European deliveries.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will report directly into the Warehouse Operations Manager along with other Warehouse Supervisors and Team Leaders. My client is recruiting for the following two shift patterns:
- 2x Warehouse Supervisors working on a Monday to Friday opportunity (rotating 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00)
- 1x Warehouse Supervisor working on a nights opportunity (Sunday-Thursday - 22:00-06:00)
You will be responsible for conducting the following duties:
- On site day-to-day management of circa 25-35 warehouse colleagues.
- Observing and implementing methods of continuous improvement within the warehouse (Kaizen & Six-Sigma).
- HR and disciplinary matters across the workforce whilst adhering to company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Conducting regular performance reviews and appraisals with each colleague.
- Ensure health & safety regulations are met and adhered to across the team.
- Ensure that inventory is managed to only the highest levels of accuracy.
The successful Warehouse Supervisor will be easily commutable to the North Derbyshire area and have the following attributes:
- 2+ years previous line management experience in a warehouse or logistics environment.
- Ideally experience within CI and Kaizen within a manufacturing or distribution setting.
- Strong health & safety knowledge with a NEBOSH or IOSH desirable.
- NVQ Level 3 or above in Warehousing & Distribution.
- Experience of managing 10+ colleagues in a similar role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job