Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Warehouse Supervisor in Telford.
Scope or the role:
Responsible for hierarchical management of operator teams (40 people)
Manage the Warehouse teams at sector level in order to meet customer needs in terms of cost, quality and lead time
Ensures the effectiveness of treatment of physical flows and the reliability of inventory.
Manage a team and develop team members’ competencies through training, coaching, communication and performance.
Your main activities:
· Enforce compliance with HSE and 5S rules throughout the sector, including reporting and managing incidents and near misses.
· As manager, you are the legal responsible in case of accident
· Optimize daily / weekly balance workload / resources (internal, external storage and freight capacities)
· Ensure management of the logistics process receiving goods > stocking > picking > Material handling > shipping finished goods and wastes
· Animate at daily frequency the SIM loop 2 with appropriated indicators & action plan
· Synchronize support function actors on short term actions
· Organize the training needs of teams and manage the versatility in accordance with the target defined
· Manage warehouse processes performance and his team according to SPS / SIM rules and cycle event of the DC
· Ensure inventories accuracy
· Guarantee that service level, quality environment, process lead time, maintenance & productivity goals are reached
· Manage the yearly appraisal of all DVC inside the sector
· Ensure that operational plan is in place to guarantee that KPI’s are met (productivity, quality, lead time, absence)
· KPIs are tracked and plans adapted accordingly
· Liaise with internal and external customers
You should present strong analytical skills
Excel advanced level
You need to have People managements skills/ managing team development, interpersonal and communication skills
Passion about industry
Energetic and self-motivated
Ensure that workforce is competent, engaged and focused
Proven previous successful experience of managing a team
Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem solving skills
Ability to analyse data and make recommendations
Customer focused and able to build effective relationships with team, client and other third parties
Lead by example and promote company values and standards
Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond positively to changing demands
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market.Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.