A Warehouse Supervisor is required to work a permanent night shift for a large 3PL business.
We are excited to be working with a leading 3PL business with operations all over the UK. Due to a sustained increase in demand for their services, they have a new, state of the art operation in the East Midlands and are now looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor on the night shift.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will be given the opportunity to manage 15-30 operatives in the warehouse. As part of a team of supervisors you will be responsible for a certain section, which could be inbound, outbound or internal movement, depending on the demands of the operation.
As it is a new operation, you will identify, and be assigned projects achieve a more efficient and quality led operation, particularly in advance of the peak trading period.
Other responsibilities include:
- People Management
- Running team meetings - improving team cohesion, informing staff of changes and training towards common goals.
- Developing staff, succession planning and skill enrichment.
- Stock accuracy.
- Picking & packing when necessary
- Troubleshooting issues on the shift.
- Agency staff allocation and management.
- Health & safety.
- liaising, and working with, with the project team.
- Covering for the Shift Manager when needed.
There will also be ample opportunity for career development. Regular training sessions for the Supervisors is available both on site and across the network of depots and offices in the UK. You will have the opportunity to be promoted into other operations when opportunities are available.
21:00 - 05:00, Monday to Friday.
The Skills Required
The ideal candidate for the Warehouse Supervisor vacancy will have skills and experiences in the following:
- Have managed staff previously in a warehouse, clearly demonstrated on their CV.
- BSc Logistics / Supply Chain or other relevant degree is highly desirable.
- Completion of a logistics graduate scheme is highly desirable.
- Ideally have worked on a night shift previously.
- MS Excel competent
- Enthusiastic, and a motivator of people.
- Competent with bar-code stock & KPI management
- Have worked in a project
- Prepared to be hands on.
- Career minded, with the ability to advance through the business to a more senior level.
- Stock Management
- KPI implementation
- Managed Staff
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job