How would you like to work for a company rated 'Outstanding’ by its employees? Can you apply our values of Loyalty, Integrity and Ambition into any task you undertake and every customer you meet and promote our goals of 'Best Products, Best Price and Best Service’?
As a 'Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 40 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs 240 employees over 31 sites in the Southern Home Counties.
Williams & Co is proud to be a Living Wage Foundation Employer, and we are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor . If you feel you have the skills and attributes to succeed in this role, please apply now!
The role will be 40 hours per week between the hours of 7am and 6:30pm.
4 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays (increases with length of service)
Private Medical Insurance (After qualifying period)
Employee Assistance Programme
Death in Service of 4 x annual salary
Training and Development
Employee Assistance Programme
No weekend work
IMPORTANT - As part of our recruitment & selection policy candidates are required to bring ONE of the following documents to interview:
- EU or UK Passport or Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Registration, or a Biometric Residence Permit, and/or immigration documents issued by the Home Office where relevant
The main purpose of this role is to support the Distribution Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of a FMCG warehouse environment. Also to be responsible for the day to day management of people within the warehouse function, to ensure business targets and objectives are met in line with customer requirements. As well as being responsible for maintaining health and safety operating procedures, housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Warehouse planning and layout management in conjunction with the Goods Inwards Coordinator
- Supervise a team of colleagues responsible for order picking, packing and loading to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage - achieve 100% OTIF - ensuring excellent customer service
- Ensure that all warehouse tasks are completed efficiently
- Monitor team performance and KPI’s, focusing on continuous improvement
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy, liaising with DC Stock Controller
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the company’s procedures and requirements
- Timely follow up and resolution to all customer concerns
- Oversee any planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Supervise the warehouse team and manage day to day warehouse operations
- Maintain training matrix and ensure that the team are trained adequately and competent in their roles
- Build team philosophy and cultivate a team atmosphere in line with the company’s core values
- Fork lift operation
- Maintaining housekeeping and H&S standards within the warehouse
The successful candidate will posses the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to establish logical practical solutions
- Strong people and performance management skills
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles, including; leading by example, setting clear objectives and defining responsibilities
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload as well as follow clear instruction
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of health and safety requirements within a warehouse environment
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job