Warehouse Supervisor – Minworth
Full Time 40 hours per week over 5 days
Monday – Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and reliable Warehouse Supervisor to join the team at our Brewers Decorator Centre in Minworth. As well as supervising operations within the warehouse the successful candidate will also be responsible for organising the transport for the Kidderminster area.
Our Minworth branch is the biggest supplier of quality decorating materials in the area and part of your responsibilities will be ordering in stock and keeping the warehouse running efficiently to ensure that we always have sufficient stock to hand to meet our customers’ expectations. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and one of the ways we achieve this is by offering a free delivery service to both our trade and retail customers. You will be responsible for the co – ordination of these deliveries and those within our Inter Branch Transfer network for the Kidderminster area.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Organise the intake and layout of stock, ensuring storage on racks is prompt and is properly rotated
- Ensure specials and waiting orders are extracted and sales staff informed of receipt
- Spot check on orders and Inter Branch Transfers (IBT)
- Arrange daily picking of stock for deliveries
- Ensure procedures for goods inwards and despatch are observed
- Ensuring specials and waiting orders are extracted and sales staff informed of receipt
- Arrange drivers delivery rounds to ensure customer requirements are met in full
- Ensuring goods for delivery are loaded accurately and systematically
- Ensuring delivery vans leave the branch within the agreed time with the Branch Manager
- Managing Staff Rotas and allocating work to staff effectively
Who we are looking for:
- Previous warehouse experience is essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience of leading/supervising a team
- Demonstrate multitasking ability
- Approachable with an open and friendly personality, to support both employees and build relationships with customers
- Forklift truck license desirable, but not essential as training can be provided
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Comprehensive Induction Programme available
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note –this role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'