Our client is a leading FMCG Distribution Company in the UK and, due to an exciting major new contract win, we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Warehouse Supervisor at their site in Hertfordshire, on a Sunday to Thursday, 1330hrs to 2130hrs shift.
Reporting into the Warehouse Manager, with a team of c50FTEs, as Warehouse Supervisor, you will be expected to lead your team on a day to day basis in achieving productivity targets, customer service targets, (internal and external) through operational KPIs.
Key Responsibilities for Warehouse Supervisor:
- Ensure team members achieve the standards set by the management.
- Communicate the required standards to team members and ensure that they clearly understand their responsibility
- Train and coach team members to achieve standards
- Monitor team performance and behaviour, where necessary take corrective action to achieve agreed standards
- Carry out performance reviews to the development of his/her team to achieve fulfil their potential.
- Motivate team members to achieve standards, by communicating performance targets, areas for improvement, giving praise and recognition for achievement or improvement.
- Ensure that their team understand company policies and procedures where it affects day to day activities.
- Implement change and continuous improvement objectives as agreed with the depot management
- Be visible in leading their team and area in maintaining and improving safety standards with the objective of zero accidents.
- Take appropriate measures to minimise stock loss and cost of credits in their area
- Maintain standards of housekeeping and hygiene in line with depot quality and safety standards
The Candidate for Warehouse Supervisor:
- From a similar FMCG Environment
- Ability to lead large teams in delivering target performance and continuous improvement
- Possess a proven track record for delivering a consistently high operational performance in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Have extensive experience of managing a large diverse work force in a time critical environment requiring demanding levels of productivity and accuracy in line with Contract requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and possess excellent influencing, negotiating and motivational skills.
- Proactively develop and train warehouse management team to raise the capability of the overall function
- Understand the nature of costs and benefits to the Company both qualitative and quantitative.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'