WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - GOODS INWARD
"Experienced, high energy and motivational team leader required for very fast paced Goods Inward department in large National Distribution Centre."
Salary range £22-24,000 + Benefits
Commutable from Wolverhampton, Telford, Walsall, Bilston, Willenhall. Dudley, Birmingham, Great Barr, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Cheshire
Our client is a well-established UK and International manufacturer and distributor of quality home improvement products to DIY stores, building trade catalogue suppliers and hardware shops. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, as Warehouse Supervisor you will be responsible for the safe and efficient receipt of UK manufactured stock and incoming containers, storage, pick, pack and despatch of palletised and packaged goods and their delivery to national home improvement and online retail and wholesale customers through a 3PL next day carrier network. You will also ensure effective inventory control within a new state of the art Warehouse Management System and delivery system.
Working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, you will be responsible for the management of up to 40 warehouse operatives. As a strong leader, you will inspire and motivate your team so that the business objectives are exceeded in quality, productivity, engagement of employees, service and health and safety.
- Control of the workflow and organisation of the team to ensure all KPI targets are met, if not exceeded.
- Delegate work appropriately to direct reports.
- Daily/weekly planning of resource within the operation as well as ensuring resources are shared across the site appropriately.
- Ensure efficient use of the WMS including effective training of team members.
- Drive and support Continuous Improvement and minimum standards through analysis of work methodology and best practice.
- Ensure the operational environment is maintained in relation to hygiene and cleanliness.
- Work in partnership with the Stock Control, Health and Safety, Customer Services, and Quality teams in order to drive and deliver best practice at all levels.
- Develop all associates through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, appraisals, PDP's, monthly performance reviews and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams.
- Conduct disciplinary and investigation hearings were necessary.
- Provide and maintain accurate daily information/reporting.
- Working with HR and the Senior Management Team to identify talent through the review process and create succession plans for your shift.
- Demonstrate professionalism to your internal and external customers through acting on queries in a prompt manner and ensuring communication is comprehensive.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be educated to at least A level/OND/ONC/NVQ standard or maybe to graduate/HND/HNC level with a passion and enthusiasm for warehousing and logistics.
- You must have a strong warehouse, especially goods inward and distribution background as a Supervisor or Team Leader providing a next day B2B delivery service to retail, or wholesale or trade customers
- You must have experience in successfully managing warehouse teams of about 20+.
- You will have good persuasion and influencing skills able to work cross functionally and build effective relationships with colleagues on the same and other sites.
- Ability to work well under pressure with the ability to enthuse and motivate warehousing teams.
- Strong problem solver able to use own initiative to make business decisions relating to the warehousing operation that you will be supervising.
- Able to give and receive clear instructions both verbally and in writing.
- Good attention to detail, and be to work to deadlines in order to ensure all KPI's are met.
- You must have experience of WMS as well as excellent PC skills
- You must have the ability to build a team and manage change whilst also challenging assertively.
- Warehouse Management
- Warehouse Control