Warehouse Supervisor (Days & Nights) - c£27k - Doncaster
Warehouse Supervisor (Days & Nights)
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.co .uk or join us on twitter at twitter .com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Strive are delighted to represent our client, a market leading FMCG logistics organization with a significant national network, in their search for an exceptional Supervisor for their distribution facility near Doncaster. This is a superb opportunity to take ownership of the team’s operational performance, managed through your direct reports and team of colleagues.
The site is c150k square foot with additional expansion planned soon. Some weekends will be included.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be expected to manage the efficient running of the loading & goods out Operation, seeking to improve performance and challenge the teams daily accountabilities, working to set activity targets and keeping a tight control on your Team’s performance (through regular reviews, monitoring KPIs and being hands on and visible on the floor).
- Day to day management of a busy team
- Ensure site Health and Safety/Training is up to date along with compliance and regulations training
- To ensure that all operations are in line with MHRA and GDP standards including maintaining excellent standards of housekeeping
- To encourage continuous improvement in all areas of contract operations
- To ensure that errors identified are recorded and fed back to individuals involved with corrective action taken if required
- To communicate effectively with the loading team and other departments
- To ensure that all loading, transport, driver and customer documentation is completed accurately and in full
- Manage working rotas to ensure adequate staff coverage throughout the shift
- To ensure all goods have relevant supporting documentation
- Eliminate any areas of product damage. Either whilst within put away/picking or loading.
- Ensure all pallets conform to safety & legislation requirements. i.e correctly picked and stacked and have relevant checks to ensure mode of transport is correct.
- Operate a quality control process upon Goods Inwards, ensuring products are correct to specification and are free of damage and have relevant documentation
- Monitor employee’s performance and ensure productivity levels are maintained to the highest standard
- Previous Warehouse supervisory experience - within pharmaceutical would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent People Management skills; able to demonstrate good leadership examples
- Sound understanding of H&S
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels
- To be pro-active and ready to challenge the norm
- To be confident in their own ability
- Ambitious & driven
This is a fantastic opportunity that offers growth within a very established business whilst learning from an experienced and supportive management team around you. You need to have a natural enthusiasm and a 'want’ to get the job done to the best of your ability.
- Supervisory Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'