We have a new opportunity to join an established client based in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire on their Twilight shift as Warehouse Supervisor.
This is a permanent position direct with the client.
Hours of work will be Monday - Thursday 2pm - 10.30pm and Friday 2pm - 10.00pm with plenty of overtime if required which is paid at time and a half.
It is essential that you have a FLT licence, ideally both a Reach and Counterbalance licence.
To ensure daily targets are completed and ensure customer requirements are met in-line with demand.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- Liaise with warehouse and transport staff to ensure effective loading of vehicles
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently ensuring Quality, Budgetary and Environmental objectives are met.
- Have a clear understanding of the Company’s polices and vision and how the Warehouse contributes to these.
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Ensuring stock control systems are up to date inventories are accurate.
- Organise training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Motivate, organise and encourage Teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Brief Warehouse Staff regularly and hold/create toolbox talks
- Ensuring Quality checks are being carried out and staff are working to correct practices and procedures.
- Maintain standards of H&S hygiene and security in the work environment
- Where appropriate oversee the maintenance and operation of Contractors in the Warehouse.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Delegate and ensure work is completed on time and in full
- Attend H&S Management meetings on regular basis
- Key holder and responsible for site security
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring H&S polices are followed
- 5S Lean Management (Housekeeping)
- Staff assessments skills module
- Covering Shifts when required
- Risk assessments & SSP are actioned and assessed
- Problem solving
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Staff Inductions
- Use multiple software MS Office & Link
- Deputise in absence of Warehouse Manager
- Ensuring daily activity is completed ready for Loading
- Follow and respect & promote company procedures
- Ensure vehicles are fully loaded
- Complete Lock up of site
Wavelength Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency on this occasion.