WMS Software Project Manager (Home based)
Dematic's project delivery goes from strength to strength both in terms of numbers of projects being delivered across Northern Europe but also in size of projects also.
To support the continued growth of our business we are now looking to recruit a project manager in to our team to specifically support project delivery for warehouse and automation software such as WMS / WCS.
To manage the introduction and ongoing development of WMS Solutions and associated operating software products to Dematic Automated Warehouse Based Clients
- To manage the introduction and delivery of WMS software solution(s) for the control of automated warehouses, in order to meet customer objectives and project requirements
- To work with the nominated WMS supplier & software product specialists to deliver appropriate and cost effective warehouse and material flow solutions
- To work alongside and with the Dematic site Project Manager, Customer Project Manager & WMS supplier Project Manager, in a Project Based Structure
- Specifically to produce and maintain the software PID to include schedule of deliverables (including software project plan), project responsibilities, functional design specification approvals, testing and acceptance plans, RAID Log (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies) and to monitor and report progress of WMS software activity (both internal and to the customer)
Manage project budget for software development & delivery as directed
To be the primary customer contact for all software related matters, both pre and post implementation, utilising the WMS supplier Project Manager to manage the agreed and approved software developments.
Ensure that any variations to the software delivery are managed by change control, documented, costed, authorised and delivered to customer satisfaction
- To offer assistance to other teams and departments as required
To maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high quality service & leadership
To be successful in this highly business critical and demanding role, you will be prepared to travel to project sites and Adderbury Head Office as required. You will be steeped in software project delivery within a warehousing environment ideally with substantial experience of delivering automation solutions (either as the |PM for the customer / 3PL or automation provider) ; you will also have a recognised (or working towards) project management qualification
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- Project Management
- Warehouse Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'