Warehouse Shift Manager - Perm
Gi Group are currently recruiting on behalf of our 'fast-growing' warehouse and logistics client for a Shift Manager for their warehouse and distribution centre in York.
Due to the continual growth within the business we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse Shift Manager to work from our premises in York. Reporting to the Head of Logistics, this 'hands on' management role involves daily management of one of our busy Warehouse Departments, and leading a 'Shift' team 30 +warehouse operatives, to ensure all items are received, put away and despatched in order to meet the needs of the business and our customers. You'll be making sure that all warehouse policies, health and safety procedures and protocols are followed by yours and the wider team. We will be looking for the successful candidate to not just maintain current standards but develop the team and the service they deliver as the company continues to grow.
* Leading by example, encouraging a strong team orientated work ethic whilst promoting a strong and rewarding work environment.
* Managing the deployment of resources to deliver all operational routines within daily tight deadlines and making decisions that have the customers' needs at the heart of what we do. Ensuring UK and International customers receive their orders by the service promise with minimum failures
* Reviewing KPI performance weekly, covering absence, productivity performance, down time and errors
* Managing resources and shifts to meet both the day to day targets and the upsurge of seasonal peaks
* Support and develop new starters and those that require additional support.
* Be one of the first point of call on the warehouse floor
* Developing team members to deliver an exceptional service. Managing day to day performance capabilities.
* Motivating the team to meet the daily targets and deadlines
* Delivering a proactive and preventative approach to Health & Safety, role modelling behaviour, ensuring legal compliance and safe working practices at all times.
* Strong presence throughout the Warehouse Service operation, making decisions, problem-solving and balancing priorities whilst always acting with integrity and due diligence.
* Problem solving and putting into place corrective improvement measures. Bringing forward new ideas to aid the continuous improvement of the warehouse
Skills & Experience
* Previous people management experience within a Warehouse environment, including developing teams of people and training others on operating procedures
* Good communications skills.
* Good numeracy and literacy skills, including the ability to analyse data.
* Planning and organising the workload for your team
* The ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
* Computer literate.
* HSE Knowledge - Risk Assessments/HACCP/COSHH/SOP's
* Managing staff rotas.
* Key holding experience.
* Fork Truck experience, but not essential.
* Goods In Experience would be useful
* You will be punctual and reliable.
* You will have a focused and methodical approach to tasks, with good attention to detail.
* You will be personable
* You will be self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines.
* You must have the ability to think out of the box and work under pressure.
* A 'can do' attitude and approach to daily tasks. Willing to pitch in and support your team to get the job done
Things to consider
This is a rotating shift role and requires the flexibility to work weekends and evenings. During our peak times throughout October, November and December there is a requirement to work additional hours.
Starting Salary: £ dependant on experience.
Working week: Working 40 hours per week over five days, including the weekend,
Possible start date: ASAP
- Shift Manager
- Warehouse Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'