Warehouse Planning Manager - Raunds, Northamptonshire
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Demand Planning Manager based in our Logistics center of excellence in Raunds, Northamptonshire. This is a pivotal role that reports directly to the Warehouse Manager and its key responsibility is to help ensure guaranteed, efficient and effective Warehouse plans to meet the needs of the business. The role will initially cover 2 sites and will be heavily involved in supporting the business to migrate to a brand new bespoke distribution centre based in Raunds, Northamptonshire, whilst continuing to provide exceptional service levels to the Depots.
Through your role and your team, you will ensure there is sufficient capacity, associated resources and the people capability to support the business deliver, especially during peak period. You will be pivotal in identifying root causes of loss in performance or productivity and ensuring the Operations team rectify.
You will have attention to detail and by overseeing the effective use of our Warehouse Management System (PDA), internal IT systems and associated technology, you will generate relevant business metrics and KPI information.
- 2x Distribution centres (Raunds & Northampton), totalling 1.6m sq. ft. capacity.
- Up to 1.2m picked pieces p/wk delivering depots in the UK and Europe with an 99.96% STR (Straight Through Ratio) target.
- Finished Goods Stock value of £60m to £70m at peak.
- Developing appropriate plans for a growing stock strategies for up to 10,000 SKU’s.
- Manage & develop a team of 3 Team and Process Managers.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of 3 teams ensuring they are focused on warehouse space and flow, service, accuracy, efficiency to agreed targets.
- Using the Warehouse Management System (JDA), you will be responsible for providing accurate analytics against the warehouse plan.
- You will build and provide pragmatic, forward-thinking analytics to help identify and rectify efficiency gaps (costs, capacities and breaches).
- You will lead warehouse planning cross-functional projects as required.
- You will build effective warehouse planning for routine activity and for the peak period.
- Develop and review the long range strategic and annual tactical growth plans to ensure delivery.
- Ensure that plans are translated into recognisable language and time-scales.
- Provide data to support root-cause analysis.
- Devise, develop and review a Warehouse Business Continuity plan in collaboration with other relevant departments.
- Devise, develop and review an overall Warehouse People Resource plan to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Provide interpretation on the future growth plans to illustrate the impact on the warehouse capacity and flow and other resources.
- Build accurate data analysis including Warehouse Performance drivers; business Metrics and KPI’s that have a positive impact on service, efficiencies and cost.
- Supply accurate data to support Warehouse Operations and Supply Chain priorities.
- Promote excellent teamwork standard through the provision of effective, collaborative leadership.
- Ensure that the Health, Safety and Well-being standards throughout the warehouse are meeting compliance requirement with SHE’s input and expertise.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across the business and with key contacts at other sites and key on-site stake-holders including Transport; Forecasting; HR; Quality Assurance and the Supply planning teams.
- Identify and evaluate business risks to capacity and service and provide analysis to help develop long-term solutions
- Identify what are the critical factors that influence cost and service.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of the theory, principles and techniques of warehouse capacity planning and flow processes.
- Experience of developing and improving multi-site supply processes.
- Advanced Project Management skills.
- Analytical and interpretation of data and ability to apply mathematical and technological techniques to real warehousing issues.
- Team management experience preferably within a high volume fast-paced demand/supply planning environment - ideally blue chip; service driven; manufacturing/retail logistics.
- Advanced Knowledge of IT operating systems, databases and programmes for warehouse capacity planning and modelling including advanced MS Excel.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of data research and analysis.
- Working knowledge of the principals of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Experience of using your adaptive, proactive and tenacious style to build meaningful relationships at all levels.
- Management System