Summary of the Role
At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all of our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer services.
• Deal with customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way.
• Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including; stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
• Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy.
• Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager.
• Ability to work to own initiative
• Planning and organising skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"