Working in the warehouse, yard and warehouse office/front desk. Report to and take direct instruction from the Warehouse manager. You will provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, managing distribution services and supervising staff. Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, you will follow processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
- Signing for shipments upon receipt and verifying that the correct merchandise has been received.
- Thoroughly inspecting merchandise for any damages and discrepancies.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all merchandise received and distributed.
- Contacting suppliers or distributors to resolve any shipment or delivery issues.
- Support delivery driver’s activity
- Using forklifts, hand carts, or pallet jacks to load, unload, move, stack, and arrange merchandise accordingly.
- Strategically storing merchandise to maximize storage space within the warehouse.
- Weighing merchandise and selecting appropriate envelopes, boxes, containers, or crates in which to pack merchandise.
- Promptly processing distribution orders or requests, which includes retrieving specified merchandise from storage as well as packing, sealing, and labelling merchandise accordingly.
- You must adhere to relevant health and safety rules and regulations at all times. This includes wearing protective clothing and operating tools and machinery safely according to company protocol
- Ensure warehouse is kept clean and hygienic at all times
- All warehouse related tasks as directed by the warehouse manager
- Drive company vehicles as and when needed
- Manage keys and Report on status of company vehicles as directed
- A valid forklift license
- Proven experience working in a warehouse environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as warehouse management software
- The ability to safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment
- Lift/move heavy objects and stand for extended periods
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Clean - Full UK driving License
- Available to work weekends
- Health Safety
- Forklift Operator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'