we are currently recruting for a warehouse operative based in Ellesmere Port.
If you're a self-starter who works in a systematic & logical way & has experience of running a stores or warehouse operation, then you could be the person to join our team. We're an expanding family business based in Ellesmere Port. We specialise in supplying door furniture to the construction industry.
The role involves heading up all aspects of the warehouse operation, including goods in, picking & packing orders, despatch and arranging couriers
Is this you?
- You like doing all aspects of a small warehousing operation - receiving goods, processing & picking orders, packing orders for dispatch, creating the paperwork, handling returns, etc.
- You work briskly & don't like hanging around.
- When things are hectic, you're calm & efficient.
- You also like the challenge of re-organising things so they're run more efficiently - in fact, 'continuous improvement' might be your middle name!
- You're a detailed person who likes things run by processes & systems.
- You pride yourself on the accuracy of your stock.
- You interact courteously with people. You'll liaise with customers when required; interact with our couriers; deal with suppliers; liaise with office staff to ensure the whole process works efficiently.
- You are adaptable - we have to react quickly to customer requests.
- You see the bigger picture. You prioritise tasks and aim for excellence to ensure we continue to build a reputation for exceptional customer service.
- You are comfortable creating reports/updates to demonstrate a well-run department. You are computer literate (email, spreadsheets, word-processing, ...)
- You take a pride in yourself & in all you undertake; you have high standards.
This is a full-time role from 08:00 - 17:00
£20,000-22,000 per annum
Picking Accuracy Bonus
- Comparing and getting best prices for despatch methods
- Arranging same day couriers
- Arranging pallets
- Picking & packing orders
- Despatching goods
- Receiving incoming goods
- Following up outstanding deliveries from suppliers
- Keeping customers informed on the delivery of their goods
- Rectifying problems with incoming orders from suppliers
- Processing returns from customers
- Processing returns to suppliers
- Checking stock levels of all products & and ensuring suitable levels are maintained
- Reading/deciphering schedules in order to pack orders in door sets
Small stock take
Other (as necessary)
- Organising/systematising the warehouse involving fork lift driving to move pallets
- Maintaining a tidy & clean warehouse
- Organising a full annual stock take
Computer literate (we use Sage 50 for our stock & ordering system)
Forklift training & experience
Please contact Justine on or email
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'