A Bit About Us:
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better.
From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
More About the Warehouse Operative Role:
Our Warehouse Operatives report directly into our Night shift Supervisors and will need the ability to perform well in a busy team. You will also work closely and communicate with the wider depot operational employee’s including our De-Briefers.
You will play a key role in our customer journey and will make sure that our customers are at the heart of everything we do by ensuring that the right appliance goes to the right customers, on time and in excellent condition.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing:
- Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct transhipping process
- Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
- Checking that trailers going back to Head Office are loaded correctly
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise
- Ensure damage limitation by handling appliances in line with training
A Few Things About OurWarehouse Operative:
It is important that our Warehouse Operatives work together and stay motivated throughout the night shift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our operatives who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling large products is desirable
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
Why Choose AO:
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
Great People Deserve Great Things:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
If you have what it takes to become our Warehouse Operative, click “Apply” now – we want to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'