Our client is an architectural sheet materials distributor who supply throughout the UK, Europe and parts of the Middle East, Africa and Asia. They are currently looking for a Warehouse Operative to join their team.
The ideal Warehouse Operative will have demonstrable experience within a warehouse environment, hold a valid forklift licence and have excellent computer skills. You will also possess a good eye for detail, the ability to complete paperwork and take stock and be a strong team player.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be receiving delivery of goods and ensuring that all stock levels are recorded and maintained. You will also be picking and packing orders and preparing orders for despatch.
The ideal Warehouse Operative will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Demonstrable experience as a warehouse operative
- Hold a valid forklift licence (Licence must be no older than 3 years)
- Be computer literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Hold a good eye for detail
- Be able to work well in a team
- Ability to complete paperwork and take stock
- Awareness of Health and Safety in the work place
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of road, air and sea, including goods classed as hazardous for transport, Courier (DHL, uk Mail, DSV, Schenker, etc.), freight systems would be an advantage
Your duties as a Warehouse Operative would be:
- Receiving delivery of goods and storing them
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Moving stock by hand or with machines
- Picking and Packing of goods
- Ensuring goods are ready for despatch
- Keeping and maintaining stock records
- Ensuring the warehouse is clean and tidy
£9.00 per hour
Monday - Friday; 8.30am - 5.30pm
Temp to Perm
Rye, East Sussex
Warehouse, Operative, Stock, Forklift, Delivery, Stores, Manufacturing, Rye, East Sussex
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'