Woodland Group are currently hiring for a Warehouse Operative to join our newly formed site in Doncaster.
Reporting to Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Operative will also work closely with the Warehouse Operations team.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Ensure the consistently effective operation of the warehouse, including adherence to all related legislation, health and safety regulations and Company and customer set policies, procedures and instructions and ensuring excellent customer service levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Driving a Fork Lift (counterbalance or reach) Truck transporting goods around the warehouse;
· Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule including but not limited to loading, packing, wrapping and labelling;
· Receive and process warehouse stock products including but not limited to picking, unloading, labelling and storing;
· Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits and optimise space utilisation;
· Ensure safe operations and adherence to HSE, environment and quality procedures at all times;
· Achieve the expected levels of output in a timely manner and at minimum cost;
· Actively promote the use of the FCL Dash Board and other IT initiatives;
· Provide regular feedback to the Warehouse Supervisors and Warehouse Manager on output issues and address any areas of concern effectively to ensure a consistently good operation;
· Promote a team-work ethos and a 'can-do’ approach;
· Communicate effectively with the Warehouse Supervisors, Warehouse Administration, Warehouse Management and the transport team, to create strong professional relationships and to maximise the success of the operation;
· Understand the role of the Warehouse Supervisors. Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisors as required in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor as directed by the Warehouse Manager;
· Ensure good standards of hygiene are adopted by eating and smoking in the designated areas only and washing hands at regular intervals including but not limited to;
- After visiting the toilet;
- After taking medication;
- When dirty; and
- After sweeping/cleaning.
· Complete any other tasks as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'