Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from over 40 locations across the UK.
We’re proud to be powered by our people –they’re the heart of our success. A family owned business dating back over 200 years, we have a vibrant mix of colleagues up and down the country. From drivers, walkers, hikers, swimmers, runners, painters, singers and everything in between! Living our values by ‘Working Together’ and ‘Trusting Each other’ means that you are bound to meet people who will become friends along the way.
A bit about the role:
Excellent opportunities exist within Bibby Distribution Limited for an experienced Warehouse Operative to become part of our operation, based at our operation in Wakefield. The roles are based on a 37.5 hour week working Monday – Friday, dayshift.
A day in the life as a Warehouse Operative for Bibby Distribution might look like:
- Co-operate fully with the sites safety requirements.
- Receive deliveries of customer stock from trailers into warehouse. Check quantities, record receipt and pass on paperwork
- Pick and pack customer orders to achieve agreed turn-round targets, dispatching orders with appropriate paperwork. Both full pallet and manual case/break picked from the racking and ground locations.
- Load trailers with customer goods in timely manner
- Put away of customer goods from the warehouse floor into the racking.
- Manual handling of products
- Signing for and accepting responsibility for tasks that have been completed.
- Housekeeping, both physical completion and hygiene checks.
- Stock integrity and quality checks.
- Keep warehouse and outside forecourts clean and tidy including shelf dusting, keeping gangways clear and litter removal.
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Good communication & team working skills
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- A professional manner
- Experience operating within a warehouse environment
- MHE – Articulated/Counterbalance/PPT licenses preferable
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- To be proactive
Let’s talk perks…
- Job share available on most roles to suit successful candidate
- Overtime available after basic hours (dependant on contract)
- Discounts on days out, tickets, gym memberships, retailers, restaurants and more!
- Some of this month’s picks – 30% off Adidas, 10% off Apple, 4% off Tesco!
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children; 24/7 counselling & support, 24/7 GP helpline, dental, health screening & more
- Free eye care vouchers for VDU users; (free eye test & discount on glasses)
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities
- Annual leave (okay, okay, okay, we know this is an entitlement we just wanted to remind you!)
- Much more!
Ready to set the wheels in motion?
What are you waiting for! Apply now! Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, as well as seeing our operation in person.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'