Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm (this may change as the role evolves, so flexibility is essential)
Rate of pay: £9.00 - £12.00 per hour dependant on previous experience
Job purpose: Due to an increase in production volumes a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary warehouse operative to join an award-winning company established over 30 years, who have never made a redundancy, at their distribution site in the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
You will be working within a dynamic, small but can-do team consisting of the Warehouse and Operations Manager and 3 part-time assistants, picking and packing orders for dispatch to our customers throughout the UK.
- Ensure all stock is located in correct bins
- Pick and pack orders, boxes and pallets ready for dispatching
- Ensure good stock movement and rotation
- Accurately check all incoming and outgoing stock for shortages and damages
- Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse and external yard areas are maintained
- Assist with all day-to-day tasks
- Team player, with excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A good understanding of quality and safety
- Driving license is essential
- Attention to detail is essential
- A versatile, flexible, can do, will do attitude and hard-working nature
- Strive for excellence and first time right
- Ideally will have experience working within a warehouse environment
- Forklift license on either Counterbalance or Pivotsteer, although training will be available for the right candidate
Exceptions to the job
Provide ad-hoc support when needed. These duties may include working overtime as and when required, staying late or arriving early to accept deliveries and dispatch of goods and general site maintenance.
All tasks are inclusive of but not limited to the above.
This is a temporary position with the potential to become a permanent role.
If you have the can-do, will-do approach to join a hard-working, dynamic, passionate, highly regarded company please send your CV today
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'