Warehouse Operative | Peterborough | Permanent
CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK’s leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the Same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where YOU come in!
We are looking to recruit 2 experienced Warehouse Operatives to join the team at our Peterborough Service Centre on a part-time basis working 20 hours a week.
Your role will be to work closely with the rest of the team to ensure the efficient operation of the warehouse on a daily basis, and to support coordination of couriers and fleet administration. You will also play a key role in the implementation and running of several key clients' contracts.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned, sorted and then loaded onto the correct vehicles and any amendments are reported.
- To ensure all consignment movements are correctly logged.
- To report any damages or missing items.
- To report any defective equipment to ensure that repairs are carried out quickly and efficiently.
- To assist in the effective implementation of any new procedure or systems.
- Provide assistance to load the courier’s vehicles and maintaining order during the loading period.
- To ensure that house-keeping of the warehouse is maintained to a high standard
- Support the storage, order processing, picking and packing of the Service Centre consumable operation when required.
- Support off site clients when required.
- Act in accordance with CitySprint’s core values of reliability, accountability, empathy, and flair.
The key skills needed for the role include:
- Highly organized and able to prioritise.
- A flexible approach, with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Computer literacy, and able to quickly learn new software.
- Able to act on your own initiative without constant supervision.
- Previous experience is desirable, but full training will be given.
The shift pattern for these roles will be on a rotational two-weekly basis, one week covering 4 days and the next covering 3 day, with weekends off every second week.
If this sounds like your ideal next role, and you have the necessary experience and drive to do exceptionally well in this kind of post, then we want to hear from you.
We will close this advert on receipt of sufficient applications. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy - thank you in advance.
- Forklift Operator
- Order Picking
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'