The Lyco Group comprising Lyco, Lighting-Direct and Online Lighting are a next day business shipping to the UK and internationally. We have just moved to new modern premises in Crownhill and is one of the country’s leading providers of lighting solutions and business products. We have an impressive customer base which includes leading hotel and leisure groups, interior designers, restaurants and private customers. Established in 1995 we have an enviable reputation for providing innovative products and first class customer care and our business is growing!
We have an extensive product range of over 5000 exciting products many of which are exclusive to us, growing year on year with new exciting brands coming to the market all the time sourced by our team of specialist buyers.
We are looking for an Experienced warehouse operative, Reporting to the Warehouse Manager you will be required to ensure that all products are processed and handled correctly,efficiently, accurately and safely throughout the warehouse process using the latest scanning technology.
- Carry out assigned tasks including: picking, packing, goods receipt, checking, loading & unloading of vehicles, and the processing of returns
- Liaising with Sales and Customer service
- Raising and dealing with supplier delivery discrepancies involving supplier returns
- Inventory control - Perpetual Inventory checks.
- Ensure that all warehouse tasks are completed efficiently
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the company’s procedures and requirements
- Maintaining housekeeping and H&S standards within the warehouse.
- Ability to work well as part of and make a positive contribution to the team
- Counterbalance / Flexi-Truck Licence preferred but not essential
- Excellent numeracy and basic IT skills, including use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload as well as follow clear instruction
- Ability to work under pressure and meet business critical deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Comprehension of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables with reference to On-time deliveries.
We operate 6 days a week and to facilitate this we operate the following shift plan where you will be required to work the 2nd shift on average 1 in 4 weeks.
8am to 5.30pm
Mon-Thurs 12 Noon to 9pm
Sunday : 7am to 3pm
- Free "on site" parking.
- Free Refreshments
- Preferential staff product purchase scheme.
- 20 days holiday which increases by 1 day per Annum for each year completed service up to Max 30 days plus bank holidays.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"