Have you got experience working in a warehouse? Want to use that experience in a company that leads the way in technology, customer service and development? If so we may have the ideal job for you at a warehouse in Thurrock.
The Warehouse Operative position is an on-going temporary role and offers part time hours as well as the possibility to gain a permanent position with Amazon.
Your tasks as a Warehouse Operative may include:
- Receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes.
- Handling the full range of items sold by amazon and its marketplace sellers in the uk, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals;
- Following Amazon's internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (rf) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners;
- Placing packages onto the sortation belts
- Sorting packages on the sortation belts
- Preparing trolleys for delivery associates
- Checking for accuracy in the packages that have sorted
- You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
This Warehouse Operative role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving products up to 15kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching through ut the shift
- Pushing and pulling product up to 15kg in weight
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists;
- The temperature in the warehouse varies and in the summer months will occasionally become warm.
Working nights, weekends, and/or holidays may be required, in addition overtime is often required (sometimes at short notice).
Warehouse Operative pay rates:
The pay rate is £9.20 per hour, with a premium paid for over-time
Warehouse Operative shift times:
The available shift is 01.30am until 10.00am
Other benefits for our Warehouse Operative include
- Free on site parking
- Free Coffee and Tea at the warehouse
- Full training
- Hot food in the on-site canteen
- The opportunity to earn a permanent contract at the warehouse
Location of the role:
The warehouse for this role is located in Thurrock - RM20 3ED
Please note - Due to the location and shift times you will require reliable transport, and public transport isn't suitable.
To apply for the role of picker and packer click apply!
PMP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- "Warehouse Operative"
- "Picker and packer"
- "Picker & Packer"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job