Prime Staff are currently recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Operative / Van Driver to work within one of our clients based in Leeds. The position will involve a mixture of Warehouse and Delivery Driving work.
The suitable candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday with the possibility of Saturdays in busy periods (if so, it will be on a rota). The standard hours will be between the hours of 07:30 and 18:00 with the odd early start when required.
The successful candidate MUST be flexible to accommodate the variation within a role. The position will involve a mixture of general warehouse work and delivery driving work, this will just depend on the clients needs and which area of the business is busier. The relation can vary from driving every day with warehouse work to finish the shift to 4 weeks straight within the warehouse.
The warehouse work will involve duties such as:
- Picking from a manual paper pick sheet
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Working within goods in
- Packing and preparing loads for delivery
The van driving work will involve:
- Hand balling the delivery to unload at customers
- Speaking to customers, representing the client
- Number of drops will vary massively from 1 to around 40, depending work load.
Skills and Experience required:
- Attention to detail is essential
- At least 1 years experience working within a warehouse environment, picking and packing using manual sheets
- At least 1 years experience delivery driving
- Current UK Licence
- No more than 3 penalty points (Drivers with DD or DR codes or bans will NOT be considered)
All candidates MUST be punctual, reliable and comply with all EU driver's hours/WTD regulations and Health and Safety regulations as well as having the ability to complete all given paperwork.
This position will be an ongoing position for the right candidate. There may also be an opportunity for a permanent position in the future.
- Highly Detailed